Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Conference Season

Late January/early February seems to be conference season for many professions, financial planning included. I guess the middle of winter is a good time to get out of town to warmer climes, because that's where such conferences always seem to be held.

From February 2 through 4, Juliet and I attended the TD Ameritrade Institutional National Conference in San Diego. This annual assembly of 2,500 or so  always provides education, enlightenment, and motivation, and this year was no exception. (Below is a brief video I put together from footage I shot using my portable video recorder.)

The very morning after we returned from San Diego, I was off again to Hollywood, Florida for the Inside ETFs Conference. This is an excellent yearly forum for increasing ones depth of knowledge surrounding exchange-traded funds, which we use extensively in client portfolios. Whenever I start to feel a little smart, I remember how scary-smart the presenters at this conference always are, and I am appropriately humbled.

Have an outstanding week!

-Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment